Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Make a Word Box (part 1)

On Journal 52 several people wanted to know what a word box is. I invented the word box which is a box of words on little slips of paper. I made a big list of words I like a lot or find interesting (probably about 100 to 150) descriptive words like 'azure' and nouns like 'breeze' and things like 'wink'- I think I put the word 'panache' in there. (you get the idea) Wrote them carefully on grid paper so I had lines to cut on. Cut them apart, and made a wee box from some pretty scrapbooking paper in which to put them. 
And now I can draw out one or several as prompts for my journaling or when I hit an artistic "flat side of the tire." 
In response to the query, I provide here a step-by-step of box-making (no glue needed only one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" paper and a pair of scissors  
IF you want a smaller box, cut a rectangle with the same proportions.  
I made one that is 5"x 6 1/4


1)    Fold paper in half lengthwise (long side)



2)    Unfold and fold in half the other direction (short side)



No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think of this post

Come Play with me!

Life is ART--there is beauty everywhere that needs to be looked at and appreciated. Yeah, there is plenty of bad stuff in the world, but God tells us to think on whatever is pure, lovely and of good report (Philippians 4) so I am going to obey...won't you come with me?! Let's make and do things that are beautiful, lovely, fun....