Friday, February 13, 2015

Back at the Drawing Board

   Hello!  Here I am after a long pause, returning to blog once again.  I have done a number of creative things since last blogging here in April of 2012. (oh, my!  that is a long time!)
     Most notably I have been working on a book I hope to publish soon.  It is an illustrated and hand-lettered "alphabet book" aimed at children age 7 to 12 years old.  It is my advice to them as a Grandmother. So far I have three copies - none is quite like the other, and the latest one needs even more work. SO I am in the process of trying to create my own font that can be imported to my computer's font library, so I can "letter" (word-process) the changes.  Completely re-painting and re-lettering when one mistake is made is really daunting.  It makes me stand in awe of the ancient monks who lettered the beautiful manuscripts.  And they didn't have light tables and central heat!
     The process of preparing a book for publishing, to say nothing of finding a publisher, is a much larger project than I had originally envisioned, but the end idea seems worth the trouble.
     I spent part of last summer and early fall re-upholstering our sofa and an occasional chair as part of a living room re-do.  That "home-dec" change necessitated a new piece of art work, so here is what I did. It is just over 30" square.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think of this post

Come Play with me!

Life is ART--there is beauty everywhere that needs to be looked at and appreciated. Yeah, there is plenty of bad stuff in the world, but God tells us to think on whatever is pure, lovely and of good report (Philippians 4) so I am going to obey...won't you come with me?! Let's make and do things that are beautiful, lovely, fun....