Monday, February 23, 2015

A New Adventure and a daily project




 Today's frame is "doodle/design" so I am going to use the page I made for a cover for my new journal.  I decided (at Friend, Deb's urging) to join "Journal 52" http://journal52.com/  even though it is in its 8th week.  I will try to catch up. I am putting some of the steps it takes to make this sort of design here.  

The book I am writing has designs very much like this one. 

Preliminary drawing on old office paper.
Using George Bain's Celtic Design book and my little work book of Illuminated Letters

Set up to begin tracing onto watercolor paper



Tracing begins with a Pitt Pen XS



Final line drawing in waterproof ink (Pitt Pen)



Painting begins with gouche (pronounced: gwash) -- an opaque watercolor



Some painting completed



Outlining with a fine sharpie begins-- started on left area of design



The Finished Cover


No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think of this post

Come Play with me!

Life is ART--there is beauty everywhere that needs to be looked at and appreciated. Yeah, there is plenty of bad stuff in the world, but God tells us to think on whatever is pure, lovely and of good report (Philippians 4) so I am going to obey...won't you come with me?! Let's make and do things that are beautiful, lovely, fun....