Wednesday, February 18, 2015

FRAME: "Nebula"

    



 I drew the word "nebula" out of the jar yesterday...but had to deal with dentist installing my new crown (think I am trying to steal Mary E's thunder by being "the Queen of Everything" :-)  ) so I didn't finish the painting yesterday.
So, this morning I dived back in to slinging paint.  My friend, Deb, uses acrylic paints all the time and I'm inspired to give them a shot once again.  (I dabbled with them in college.
     The word "nebula" made it into my jar of words because I had a favorites bookmark for a long time to see the photo that NASA posts daily -photos mostly taken from the Hubble Telescope.  The images are profoundly moving.  One gets gets overwhelmed at the vastness of the cosmos and reminded that God created ALL of it and so He is vastly greater-far beyond our comprehension.  He is so OTHER! Worthy of our worship.   

All that to say that I am intriqued with the images of those gaseous glories. my picture is so feeble - but I offer it anyway.  The second photo gives a glimpse of my studio -  Notice that my "acrylic" paint collection is limited almost totally to craft paint.  Today's painting makes me think it might be good to invest in "real" acrylics.  Might.  Maybe. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think of this post

Come Play with me!

Life is ART--there is beauty everywhere that needs to be looked at and appreciated. Yeah, there is plenty of bad stuff in the world, but God tells us to think on whatever is pure, lovely and of good report (Philippians 4) so I am going to obey...won't you come with me?! Let's make and do things that are beautiful, lovely, fun....