Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thursday's Frame

Yesterday I drew "doodle/design" from the jar for the next frame. Since I am working on my book and it has a recurring Celtic motif in the illustrations, I have been studying my old copy of Celtic Art: The Methods of Construction by George Bain.  It has really detailed drawings and instructions on how to design knot work and other Celtic drawings- based primarily on the Book of Kells and other ancient sources.  I am working on cover design ideas and so decided to try to make a border...just copy work, actually, to get my artistic engine primed.  So to finish up the "doodle/design" I used my pointed pen and dashed off the Aaronic Blessing from the book of Numbers.  It is one of my most loved parts of our Sunday Worship service.  The service always ends with God's words of blessing. 

One of the other things I have been busy with today is getting my own fonts put on the master sheets to be scanned.  I will upload them and install them in my Word program so I can word process text for my book but have it in my own lettering.  (how cool is that?!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think of this post

Come Play with me!

Life is ART--there is beauty everywhere that needs to be looked at and appreciated. Yeah, there is plenty of bad stuff in the world, but God tells us to think on whatever is pure, lovely and of good report (Philippians 4) so I am going to obey...won't you come with me?! Let's make and do things that are beautiful, lovely, fun....