Thursday, April 2, 2015

FOKSIC - "fingers on keys, seat in chair"

I have been distracted with the work of preparing a query to find an agent and a publisher for my book.  There is a lot involved and most of the time I really want to look the other way and just ignore it all.  I really enjoy making art, too.  But in this mode of feeling overwhelmed even the motivation for being creative suffers.  So yesterday, took myself in hand and went to my studio.  "I'll just do a small calligraphy piece," I said to myself.  Grabbed a piece of old business stationery, used the wrong side and lettered without layout planning.  Created the "knotwork" border and traced it using my beloved wafer think light box. Shaded the "ropes" with a brush marker and because paint would have wrinkled the paper, I just shaded the negative spaces with pencil.  I think this will be the rough draft for a finished piece.  
Seems lik my life is rather like this... a task done, because "it is the right thing to do" may be a matter of un-fun self discipline, but at the conclusion, yields something good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think of this post

Come Play with me!

Life is ART--there is beauty everywhere that needs to be looked at and appreciated. Yeah, there is plenty of bad stuff in the world, but God tells us to think on whatever is pure, lovely and of good report (Philippians 4) so I am going to obey...won't you come with me?! Let's make and do things that are beautiful, lovely, fun....